We’re excited to announce the winners of the annual OneBeacon college scholarship program! For the 12th consecutive year, the OneBeacon Charitable Trust awarded $2,000 scholarships to eight of our employees’ children and eight of our distribution partners’ children.
Winners were selected based on their academic performance, leadership roles and participation in school and community activities. OneBeacon’s program is managed by Scholarship Management Services®, a nonprofit scholarship program administrator. Find out who the winners are in our news release>>
OneBeacon Healthcare Group salutes the work of healthcare risk managers. We understand the risk management professional’s role in today’s complex healthcare environment is broader and more challenging than ever. And so, while we pay fitting tribute to the healthcare risk management professional of today, we offer a thought-provoking look at the healthcare risk management professional of tomorrow. Written by Fay Rozovsky, President, The Rozovsky Group, this article provides a glimpse into the future of healthcare risk management. We encourage you to read the full article.
Recently, OneBeacon Technology Insurance President John Wurzler was among 16 industry leaders interviewed by Carrier Management for a feature article on insurance industry innovation. With insights ranging from industry innovations to game-changing ideas from outside the property-casualty world, we invite you to read John’s interview.
OneBeacon Government Risks (OBGR) is currently attending the 2015 National Public Risk Management Association (PRIMA) conference at the George R. Brown Convention Center in Houston, Texas.
In addition to exhibiting at booth #334, three members of OBGR’s team are presenting education sessions during the conference. If you are in attendance, we invite you to attend their sessions listed below and visit their dedicated event page for more info.
- Are Your Employment Practices About To Go ‘Up In Smoke?’ – Presented by Sarah R. Schmitz, Esq.
- Harassment: Beyond Racial and Sexual in Nature – Presented by Aaron T. Stone, Esq.
- Fleet Risk Management: More Than Vehicle Inspections – Presented by Kenny Smith
Our Financial Services team will be sharing their expertise at various conferences and meetings next week. If you’re in attendance at the events previewed below, please connect with our team members!
- President Craig Collins will attend the Tennessee Bankers Association Annual Meeting from June 7-9. Taking place at The Greenbrier hotel in White Sulphur Spring, West Virginia, the annual event gathers bankers and vendors from across the state.
- Lisa Phillips and Dave Neumann will be exhibiting at the North Dakota/South Dakota Bankers Association Annual Convention on June 8 and 9 at the Sioux Falls Convention Center/Sheraton Hotel in Sioux Falls, South Dakota. Dubbed “Banker Bootcamp,” this year’s event will provide a refresher on the basics of banking and offer an “arsenal” of ideas to help bankers succeed.
- On Wednesday, June 10, Tammy Placzek will present at the Iowa Division of Banking’s Statewide Annual Meeting taking place in Des Moines, Iowa at the Hilton Garden Inn. Her presentation, titled “Deep Dive into Cyber-Insurance for Financial Institutions,” will take place from 3 – 4:30 p.m. ET.
David Molitano, Vice President, OneBeacon Technology Insurance, will be a featured panelist at the annual NetDiligence Cyber Risk Conference. David’s presentation, which will explore the needs for a large-insurance-limits tower to fully address cyber risk exposures, will take place at 9:00 a.m. on Wednesday, June 3rd. The conference, which is being held June 2-3 at the Hyatt Bellevue in Philadelphia, is one of the largest in the country and is completely sold out.
Littler Mendelson P.C., the nation’s largest employment and labor law firm, has agreed to provide a comprehensive package of risk management products and services to OneBeacon’s Employment Practices Liability Insurance (EPLI) policyholders. Through this unique risk management program, EPLI policyholders will have access to a wide variety of online employment related content, forms and analysis, as well as an employment practices hotline staffed by the experts at Littler Mendelson.
“The dedicated risk management portal gives our policyholders access to a wealth of employment related information and resources,” according to Stacy Paquet, Senior Vice President, OneBeacon Management Liability. “They will be able to research and review forms, reference manuals, guides and best practices. Harassment training webinars and employment podcasts will be available, and there will also be a hotline that connects directly to the experts at Littler Mendelson.”
This broad range of tools and services is designed to help employers manage their workforce while potentially reducing exposure to employment related claims.
For more information, please contact Stacy Paquet at email@example.com or 212-440-6521