OneBeacon Inland Marine recently participated in and sponsored the IMA Foundation’s Kansas City Pickleball event. This year, the event raised $25,000, with proceeds going to support Big Brothers Big Sisters of Greater Kansas City.
Inland Marine’s Lucas Hockenberry and Molly Miller competed in the tournament, finishing 3-3. We are proud to have participated in the event and especially to contribute to a worthy cause by being the Pickle Juice Sponsor!
We are excited to announce the winners of this year’s annual college scholarship program! For the 15th consecutive year, OneBeacon has awarded $2,000 scholarships to 16 high-school seniors. Eight of these awards were given to our producers’ children, while the other eight were given to the children of OneBeacon employees.
The winning recipients were selected based on criteria including their academic performance, leadership roles and participation in school, as well as community activities. The program is administered by Scholarship Management Services®, a nonprofit scholarship program administrator, and funded by our Charitable Trust.
View the list of winners in our news release>>
We are thrilled to announce the winners of our 14th annual college scholarship program! Eight of these $2,000 scholarships were awarded to our employees’ children, and eight to our producers’ children.
Winners were selected based on criteria including their academic performance, leadership roles and participation in school and community activities. The program is administered by Scholarship Management Services®, a nonprofit scholarship program administrator, and funded by our Charitable Trust.
View the list of winners in our news release>>
Check out our updated infographic with even more reasons why OneBeacon is a special place to work.
At OneBeacon, we’re proud of the generous spirit consistently demonstrated by our employees and producer partners. We’re also happy to support those nonprofits that matter most to our community through the OneBeacon Charitable Trust. For a look back on 2016’s community-giving, we invite you to view our Way to Give blog post summarizing those efforts.
We are pleased to share the results of our 2016 holiday donation poll! Based on your votes, the OneBeacon Charitable Trust will allocate $10,000 among three national nonprofits as follows:
This holiday season, the OneBeacon Charitable Trust also donated $50,000 to nonprofits across the country. These organizations were chosen by local OneBeacon offices, with the donations impacting nonprofits that are important to those communities. Check out our Way to Give blog for a full listing of the organizations and the sponsoring OneBeacon office.
Learn why OneBeacon is a special place to work.
We are pleased to share the results of our 2015 holiday donation poll! Based on your votes, the OneBeacon Charitable Trust is allocating $30,000 among three national nonprofits as follows:
Over the holidays, the OneBeacon Charitable Trust also contributed donations totaling $50,000 to nonprofits across the country, specifically in local communities where OneBeacon has a presence. Below is a list of the 25 nonprofits we were pleased to support, with the sponsoring office noted in parentheses. Local employees from these offices helped identify worthy organizations where they may volunteer or offer support, or that is simply recognized for helping a meaningful cause.
- American Cancer Society (New York City, NY)
- American Legion Post #225 (Canton, MA)
- Annapolis Area Ministries Inc. (Annapolis, MD)
- Boys Hope Girls Hope of Illinois (Chicago, IL)
- Cavalry Children’s Home (Alpharetta & Atlanta, GA)
- Children’s Hospital of Los Angeles (Los Angeles & Anaheim, CA)
- Clarity Child Guidance Center (San Antonio, TX)
- Coats of Kindness (Plymouth, MN)
- Dorothy Day Center (Plymouth, MN)
- Ellie Fund (Canton, MA)
- Food Bank of the Rockies (Denver, CO)
- Food Share (Farmington, CT)
- Granara-Skerry Trust (Canton, MA)
- Harvesters (Overland Park, KS)
- Holy Trinity Parish Food (New York City, NY)
- Interfaith Food Pantry (Morristown, NJ)
- National MS of Greater New England (Canton, MA)
- Pathways for Children, Inc. (Quincy, MA)
- San Francisco Food Bank (San Francisco, CA)
- Seattle Children’s Hospital (Seattle, WA)
- Jude’s Children’s Research Hospital (Canton, MA)
- Southwest Virginia Second Harvest Food Bank (Salem, VA)
- The Home for Little Wanderers (Boston, MA)
- Toys for Tots (Plymouth, MN)
- Wounded Warrior Project (Blue Bell, PA & New York City, NY)
Happy holidays from all of us at OneBeacon! In the spirit of the season, we are once again giving back to those in need. Vote here (or click the image below) to help us allocate the OneBeacon Charitable Trust’s donation among three worthy nonprofits.
Recently, we hosted a fundraising event in our Canton, Mass. office to benefit the Insurance Industry Charitable Foundation (IICF). During the outing, Nicole Anacleto-Tosca of our Recruiting group asked a few employees “why OneBeacon,” or in other words, what makes a career within our company unique?
To hear their responses, watch the brief video clip!