Check out our updated infographic with even more reasons why OneBeacon is a special place to work.
At OneBeacon, we’re proud of the generous spirit consistently demonstrated by our employees and producer partners. We’re also happy to support those nonprofits that matter most to our community through the OneBeacon Charitable Trust. For a look back on 2016’s community-giving, we invite you to view our Way to Give blog post summarizing those efforts.
We are pleased to share the results of our 2016 holiday donation poll! Based on your votes, the OneBeacon Charitable Trust will allocate $10,000 among three national nonprofits as follows:
This holiday season, the OneBeacon Charitable Trust also donated $50,000 to nonprofits across the country. These organizations were chosen by local OneBeacon offices, with the donations impacting nonprofits that are important to those communities. Check out our Way to Give blog for a full listing of the organizations and the sponsoring OneBeacon office.
Learn why OneBeacon is a special place to work.
We are pleased to share the results of our 2015 holiday donation poll! Based on your votes, the OneBeacon Charitable Trust is allocating $30,000 among three national nonprofits as follows:
Over the holidays, the OneBeacon Charitable Trust also contributed donations totaling $50,000 to nonprofits across the country, specifically in local communities where OneBeacon has a presence. Below is a list of the 25 nonprofits we were pleased to support, with the sponsoring office noted in parentheses. Local employees from these offices helped identify worthy organizations where they may volunteer or offer support, or that is simply recognized for helping a meaningful cause.
- American Cancer Society (New York City, NY)
- American Legion Post #225 (Canton, MA)
- Annapolis Area Ministries Inc. (Annapolis, MD)
- Boys Hope Girls Hope of Illinois (Chicago, IL)
- Cavalry Children’s Home (Alpharetta & Atlanta, GA)
- Children’s Hospital of Los Angeles (Los Angeles & Anaheim, CA)
- Clarity Child Guidance Center (San Antonio, TX)
- Coats of Kindness (Plymouth, MN)
- Dorothy Day Center (Plymouth, MN)
- Ellie Fund (Canton, MA)
- Food Bank of the Rockies (Denver, CO)
- Food Share (Farmington, CT)
- Granara-Skerry Trust (Canton, MA)
- Harvesters (Overland Park, KS)
- Holy Trinity Parish Food (New York City, NY)
- Interfaith Food Pantry (Morristown, NJ)
- National MS of Greater New England (Canton, MA)
- Pathways for Children, Inc. (Quincy, MA)
- San Francisco Food Bank (San Francisco, CA)
- Seattle Children’s Hospital (Seattle, WA)
- Jude’s Children’s Research Hospital (Canton, MA)
- Southwest Virginia Second Harvest Food Bank (Salem, VA)
- The Home for Little Wanderers (Boston, MA)
- Toys for Tots (Plymouth, MN)
- Wounded Warrior Project (Blue Bell, PA & New York City, NY)
Happy holidays from all of us at OneBeacon! In the spirit of the season, we are once again giving back to those in need. Vote here (or click the image below) to help us allocate the OneBeacon Charitable Trust’s donation among three worthy nonprofits.
Recently, we hosted a fundraising event in our Canton, Mass. office to benefit the Insurance Industry Charitable Foundation (IICF). During the outing, Nicole Anacleto-Tosca of our Recruiting group asked a few employees “why OneBeacon,” or in other words, what makes a career within our company unique?
To hear their responses, watch the brief video clip!
At OneBeacon, we are pleased to support those nonprofits that matter most to our employees and producer partners through our Charitable Trust. We also support education in the form of 16 college scholarships awarded annually, and by funding several risk-management scholarships at colleges offering such programs. We invite you to review our year of giving as documented in our 2014 Charitable Trust Annual Report that is now available on our website. Printed copies may be obtained by contacting us at email@example.com. We are very proud of our community’s demonstrated practice of giving back. As we like to say, “Way to give!”
We’re excited to announce that the 2015 college scholarship application and program brochure are now available! Once again, 16 college scholarships funded by the OneBeacon Charitable Trust will be granted for the upcoming academic year.
Deserving members of the Class of 2015 are eligible to receive a $2,000, one-time scholarship. Recipients will be announced in early June, with eight scholarships awarded to OneBeacon employees’ children and another eight granted to our producers’ children.
Applications Due April 15
Applications along with a complete transcript must be submitted by April 15. Please send all required materials to the following address, and refer questions to Scholarship Management services at 507.931.1682.
OneBeacon Insurance Scholarship Program
Scholarship Management Services
One Scholarship Way
Saint Peter, MN 56082
Good luck to our 2015 applicants!
At OneBeacon, we’re pleased to contribute to the insurance industry’s community giving . Our efforts were recently profiled in the Insurance Information Institute’s Impact magazine, which highlights the variety of ways in which our industry gives back.