OneBeacon Accident & Health has been pleased to sponsor two recent Health Rosetta events this year and will continue on the Wake up “roadshow” next week by supporting another! On Wednesday, May 29 we’ll be sponsoring and exhibiting at the Health Rosetta Phoenix Wake-Up Call: Ending the Collateral Damage.
This one day conference will bring together local Phoenix employers, healthcare experts, public officials and business and civic leaders to discuss dysfunction in the healthcare system- both in rising premiums and the country’s opioid crisis.
Julie Bobak and Christy Vago will be attending the event, we look forward to seeing you there!
OneBeacon Accident & Health is proud to sponsor the Health Rosetta Tampa Wake Up Call: Demystifying Healthcare Costs. This event, taking place on April 23, is a one-day conference where OneBeacon and other benefits experts help demystify healthcare costs – for both employers and their workforce. Julie Bobak and Christy Vago will be there! If you’re looking to contain costs, gain transparency and retain employees, please join Julie and Christy in Tampa on April 23.
On April 12, Healthcare Group’s Sarah Logue will speak at the Drug & Alcohol Testing Industry Association (DATIA) 2019 Conference in Chicago. Her session titled, “What You Need to Know on Insurance, Claims and HIPAA,” will provide an overview of general insurance terms and the type of policies or insurance coverage DATIA members need. Exposures, staffing types and rating will be discussed, along with how the policy types should work together. Claims examples will be provided that are specific to the drug and alcohol testing industry.
Accident & Health’s Christy Vago is part of a panel presentation on April 3 at the Employer Health Innovations Symposium in Denver. This event will address the latest developments in the industry such as prescription drug management, member advocacy, legal implications, value-based pricing and more. Christy’s panel titled, “Value-based Pricing: Service Implications & Financial Impacts,” will focus specifically on coverages that should be addressed by a medical stop loss policy when considering referenced based pricing.
We’ve been busy this week! Our Accident & Health team has been in Charlotte, NC for the Self Insure Health Plan Executive Forum. There, they’ve attended educational sessions, as they networked with those who support self-insured group health plans. The team was happy to be there and learn more about growing the self-insurance marketplace.
Additionally, our Financial Services team has been in Nashville, TN this week exhibiting at the 2019 ICBA Live Convention. This high-energy event providing the latest industry insights and ideas is the ultimate gathering for community bankers. If you’re in the area, stop by booth #331 and say hello to our team!
Our OneBeacon Financial Services team!
OneBeacon Accident & Health is proud to be a sponsor at this year’s Health Rosetta Chicago Wake-Up call Forum taking place on November 13 in Chicago. Julie Bobak, Amy Carlson and Christy Vago will join leading experts, local providers, employers and civic leaders to discuss the impact of the opioid epidemic on citizens, employers and communities. The Wake-Up Call Forum shines a spotlight on the largest public health care crisis in 100 years, and reveals what can be done today as we look upstream to avoid enabling more waves of addition. The team looks forward to being a part of this event and the discussions!
At the end of September, OneBeacon Government Risks’ Curtis Weible attended the IIASD Annual Convention in Deadwood, South Dakota where he promoted FirstFire Services, the insurance solution for fire and emergency responders. Alongside Curtis was our partner Trevor Lightfield at Fischer, Rounds and Associates. The trade show was a success, as we always look forward to collaborating with our producer partners at events like these!
From conferences and trade shows, to conventions and career fairs, we’ve been busy here at OneBeacon! To catch you up, here’s where we are this week:
- OneBeacon Financial Services is at the IBA Annual Convention this week! From September 16-18, Tammy Placzek and Jaime Slinden are in Des Moines, so stop by booth #212 to find out about our specialty insurance solutions.
- OneBeacon Specialty Property and OneBeacon Environmental will be at the 2018 WSIA Annual Marketplace in Atlanta from September 23-26. The Annual Marketplace is widely recognized as the premier event for the surplus lines industry, and is attended by more than 4,000 professionals in the wholesale, specialty and surplus lines industry.
- OneBeacon Management Liability Claims’ Jessenia Vazcones-Yagual will be participating on a panel discussion at the Annual National Employment Practices Liability Insurance ExecuSummit in Uncasville, CT from September 25-26. Presenters will share their expertise to provide attendees with the essential EPL insurance underwriting and claims intelligence you need to know.
You can find members from our recruiting team at the following college career fairs:
- Alongside recruiting, members from our IT team will attend the James Madison University Science and Engineering Fair on September 19 in Virginia.
- Representatives from the corporate finance team will attend the University of St. Thomas Accounting Club Career Fair on September 20 in Minnesota.
- University of Minnesota will host the Carlson School of Management Career & Internship Fair on September 20, where representatives from our corporate finance team will be in attendance.
- Members from our actuarial team will attend the University of Minnesota Actuarial Career Fair on September 25.
- Radford University will host a career fair targeting all majors on September 26.
- Wentworth Institute of Technology in Massachusetts will host their CO-OP and Career Fair, with members from our IT team in attendance.
Accident & Health is proud to be a sponsor for this year’s Q4Live Conference taking place next week in San Diego. Additionally, Julie Bobak, Amy Carlson, Christy Vago are looking forward to collaborating on their educational session titled, “Stop Loss Building Blocks for the New Normal.” The focus of this presentation will be how to transition from the status quo medical stop loss approach to valuable consultative methodology. Key strategic concepts for consultants to consider include transparency, commissions, policy features, managing large dollar claimants, disclosure and more!
Members from our Online/OnDemand team had the opportunity to attend the Homeland Security National Cybersecurity Summit in New York City last week. The event presented public-private partnerships by convening CEOs and senior executives with U.S. cabinet secretaries and senior government officials, along with hundreds of senior risk and security officers across a wide range of sectors. It provided an action-oriented forum to identify joint cybersecurity efforts across government and industry.
The summit included a series of roundtable and panel discussions, led by private executives, government leaders and domain experts. Vice President Mike Pence and Secretary of Homeland Security, Kirstjen M. Nielson delivered keynote speaker remarks.