At the end of September, OneBeacon Government Risks’ Curtis Weible attended the IIASD Annual Convention in Deadwood, South Dakota where he promoted FirstFire Services, the insurance solution for fire and emergency responders. Alongside Curtis was our partner Trevor Lightfield at Fischer, Rounds and Associates. The trade show was a success, as we always look forward to collaborating with our producer partners at events like these!
From conferences and trade shows, to conventions and career fairs, we’ve been busy here at OneBeacon! To catch you up, here’s where we are this week:
- OneBeacon Financial Services is at the IBA Annual Convention this week! From September 16-18, Tammy Placzek and Jaime Slinden are in Des Moines, so stop by booth #212 to find out about our specialty insurance solutions.
- OneBeacon Specialty Property and OneBeacon Environmental will be at the 2018 WSIA Annual Marketplace in Atlanta from September 23-26. The Annual Marketplace is widely recognized as the premier event for the surplus lines industry, and is attended by more than 4,000 professionals in the wholesale, specialty and surplus lines industry.
- OneBeacon Management Liability Claims’ Jessenia Vazcones-Yagual will be participating on a panel discussion at the Annual National Employment Practices Liability Insurance ExecuSummit in Uncasville, CT from September 25-26. Presenters will share their expertise to provide attendees with the essential EPL insurance underwriting and claims intelligence you need to know.
You can find members from our recruiting team at the following college career fairs:
- Alongside recruiting, members from our IT team will attend the James Madison University Science and Engineering Fair on September 19 in Virginia.
- Representatives from the corporate finance team will attend the University of St. Thomas Accounting Club Career Fair on September 20 in Minnesota.
- University of Minnesota will host the Carlson School of Management Career & Internship Fair on September 20, where representatives from our corporate finance team will be in attendance.
- Members from our actuarial team will attend the University of Minnesota Actuarial Career Fair on September 25.
- Radford University will host a career fair targeting all majors on September 26.
- Wentworth Institute of Technology in Massachusetts will host their CO-OP and Career Fair, with members from our IT team in attendance.
Accident & Health is proud to be a sponsor for this year’s Q4Live Conference taking place next week in San Diego. Additionally, Julie Bobak, Amy Carlson, Christy Vago are looking forward to collaborating on their educational session titled, “Stop Loss Building Blocks for the New Normal.” The focus of this presentation will be how to transition from the status quo medical stop loss approach to valuable consultative methodology. Key strategic concepts for consultants to consider include transparency, commissions, policy features, managing large dollar claimants, disclosure and more!
Members from our Online/OnDemand team had the opportunity to attend the Homeland Security National Cybersecurity Summit in New York City last week. The event presented public-private partnerships by convening CEOs and senior executives with U.S. cabinet secretaries and senior government officials, along with hundreds of senior risk and security officers across a wide range of sectors. It provided an action-oriented forum to identify joint cybersecurity efforts across government and industry.
The summit included a series of roundtable and panel discussions, led by private executives, government leaders and domain experts. Vice President Mike Pence and Secretary of Homeland Security, Kirstjen M. Nielson delivered keynote speaker remarks.
OneBeacon Government Risks (OBGR) is attending the Public Risk Management Association’s (PRIMA) 2018 Annual Conference, June 3-6, 2018 in Indianapolis, Indiana.
If you’re attending the conference, stop by Booth #409 during exhibit hall hours to meet representatives from the team. Additionally, OBGR will lead an educational seminar entitled, Caught on Video: Employers, Municipalities and Trial by Social Media.
For more details about the conference, visit the event website at conference.primacentral.org .
OneBeacon Government Risks is exhibiting at the 81st Annual Agents Convention, May 6th – 8th. The conference is being held in Biloxi, Mississippi at the Beau Rivage Resort and Casino.
Dave Byrom, AVP Business Development, and Julie Frisbey, Senior Risk Management Field Consultant, will be onsite exhibiting at the conference. Visit us our booth during exhibition hours to say hello!
It’s a busy week for OneBeacon Government Risks. If you are in Pennsylvania or Missouri this week, you can catch them at the following events:
April 22-24: Rob Loper, Business Development Manager, will be attending the 2018 Government Finance Officers Association of PA Annual Statewide Conference in State College,PA.
April 24-27: We are exhibiting at booth #104 at the 89th Annual West Texas County Judges and Commissioners Association Conference in Frisco, Texas at the Embassy Suites Frisco Hotel and Convention Center. Dave Byrom, AVP Business Development, and Kenny Smith, Risk Control Manager, will be onsite during the conference.
OneBeacon Government Risks (OBGR) will be sponsoring the upcoming 2018 MO/KS PRIMA Conference on April 11 – 13. The conference is being held in Lake of the Ozarks, Missouri at the Lodge of Four Seasons.
Curtis Weible, Business Development Manager, and Joe Garcia, Risk Management Specialist, will be on site during the conference so if you are at the event, be sure to stop by their booth!
For updates on the conference, photos, blog posts and more, follow OBGR on Twitter @OneBeaconGov.
The annual CLM Conference is the premier event for those in the claims and litigation management industry. This year, attendees from Government Risks, Healthcare Group and Management Liability are representing OneBeacon as panelist presenters at the conference in Houston, TX.
Daniele Freaner, who is part of OneBeacon Healthcare Group claims, is part of a presentation titled, “Danger Zone: Healthcare Liabilities Associated with Natural Disasters.” This session will identify the liability risks faced by healthcare providers or entities that can arise in natural disaster emergency situations, discuss ways to minimize those risks and provide possible defenses.
In the session titled, “A Higher Education for All: Title IX, Title VII and the New Administration,” Management Liability claim’s Jennifer Weinstein will be part of a panel that will discuss the new Title IV regulations and guidelines issued by the current administration, the evolving case law in this area, the conflicts with other sexual assault and discrimination laws and the impact on claims and their resolution. The session also will discuss what underwriters should watch for in light of the recent changes.
Government Risks’ Sarah Schmitz will participate in the session titled, “The Crossroads of Coverage, Liability and Sovereign Immunity.” Policies issued to governmental entities often state that the purchase of the policy is not a waiver of the entities’ sovereign immunity. Speakers will discuss what happens when plaintiffs challenge whether such language in the policy preserves the sovereign immunity, how courts have handled those challenges and practical tips for how to handle such situations.
OneBeacon looks forward to participating in these sessions, as well as the additional educational and networking opportunities at this conference!
OneBeacon Financial Services is excited to be in Las Vegas this week attending the ICBA Live 2018 convention. Held annually, this national event is one of the largest gatherings of community bankers. The educational opportunities keep bankers up-to-date on latest trends affecting their banks. Stop by booth #315 to see Barbara Winsor, Craig Collins and Becky Riekofski – they are ready to talk insurance solutions for community banks!
Barbara Winsor, Craig Collins and Becky Riekofski stand at the Financial Services book at the annual ICBA conference.