Managing claims well is good business. Preventing them is even better. Through our new Claims Partnership Program, OneBeacon Design Professionals can help you recognize and prevent problems before they become claims. And in the case a claim occurs, our experienced team is here to help effectively and efficiently handle it from start to finish. Learn more>>
From cell phones to navigation systems, distracted driving is ever-present on our roads today. Recent studies have shown that distracted driving by law enforcement officials – who are often required to use radios, computers and operating emergency lights and sounds – is on the rise. With the difficult job of looking out for the safety of our communities, police officers cannot afford to put themselves at any more risk by multitasking at the wheel.
In an article recently published in American City & County, OneBeacon Government Risks’ (OBGR) Julie Frisbey Decker offers insight on how officials can avoid distracted driving by minimizing or removing in-vehicle distractions and obstructions. Read the full story>>
A profile on OneBeacon Technology Insurance’s (OBTI) new media liability forms was recently featured in Independent Agent (IA) magazine’s “Markets” column. The article includes detailed information on the product and insight from OBTI Assistant Vice President and Underwriting Manager Regina Williams. Please visit IA’s website to read the full article>>
With the Fourth of July holiday approaching, boat owners and guests alike are gearing up for a weekend on the water.
To help ensure a safe and enjoyable experience for all onboard, National Marine Underwriters’ offers useful resources including a pre-departure checklist and tips on boating etiquette. Click here to access these resources on NMU.com>>
We hope you enjoy the Fourth of July holiday and wish you safe summertime travels!
We’re excited to announce the winners of the annual OneBeacon college scholarship program! For the 12th consecutive year, the OneBeacon Charitable Trust awarded $2,000 scholarships to eight of our employees’ children and eight of our distribution partners’ children.
Winners were selected based on their academic performance, leadership roles and participation in school and community activities. OneBeacon’s program is managed by Scholarship Management Services®, a nonprofit scholarship program administrator. Find out who the winners are in our news release>>
OneBeacon Healthcare Group salutes the work of healthcare risk managers. We understand the risk management professional’s role in today’s complex healthcare environment is broader and more challenging than ever. And so, while we pay fitting tribute to the healthcare risk management professional of today, we offer a thought-provoking look at the healthcare risk management professional of tomorrow. Written by Fay Rozovsky, President, The Rozovsky Group, this article provides a glimpse into the future of healthcare risk management. We encourage you to read the full article.
Recently, OneBeacon Technology Insurance President John Wurzler was among 16 industry leaders interviewed by Carrier Management for a feature article on insurance industry innovation. With insights ranging from industry innovations to game-changing ideas from outside the property-casualty world, we invite you to read John’s interview.
OneBeacon Government Risks (OBGR) is currently attending the 2015 National Public Risk Management Association (PRIMA) conference at the George R. Brown Convention Center in Houston, Texas.
In addition to exhibiting at booth #334, three members of OBGR’s team are presenting education sessions during the conference. If you are in attendance, we invite you to attend their sessions listed below and visit their dedicated event page for more info.
- Are Your Employment Practices About To Go ‘Up In Smoke?’ – Presented by Sarah R. Schmitz, Esq.
- Harassment: Beyond Racial and Sexual in Nature – Presented by Aaron T. Stone, Esq.
- Fleet Risk Management: More Than Vehicle Inspections – Presented by Kenny Smith
Our Financial Services team will be sharing their expertise at various conferences and meetings next week. If you’re in attendance at the events previewed below, please connect with our team members!
- President Craig Collins will attend the Tennessee Bankers Association Annual Meeting from June 7-9. Taking place at The Greenbrier hotel in White Sulphur Spring, West Virginia, the annual event gathers bankers and vendors from across the state.
- Lisa Phillips and Dave Neumann will be exhibiting at the North Dakota/South Dakota Bankers Association Annual Convention on June 8 and 9 at the Sioux Falls Convention Center/Sheraton Hotel in Sioux Falls, South Dakota. Dubbed “Banker Bootcamp,” this year’s event will provide a refresher on the basics of banking and offer an “arsenal” of ideas to help bankers succeed.
- On Wednesday, June 10, Tammy Placzek will present at the Iowa Division of Banking’s Statewide Annual Meeting taking place in Des Moines, Iowa at the Hilton Garden Inn. Her presentation, titled “Deep Dive into Cyber-Insurance for Financial Institutions,” will take place from 3 – 4:30 p.m. ET.
David Molitano, Vice President, OneBeacon Technology Insurance, will be a featured panelist at the annual NetDiligence Cyber Risk Conference. David’s presentation, which will explore the needs for a large-insurance-limits tower to fully address cyber risk exposures, will take place at 9:00 a.m. on Wednesday, June 3rd. The conference, which is being held June 2-3 at the Hyatt Bellevue in Philadelphia, is one of the largest in the country and is completely sold out.