As the temperatures begin to drop, it’s time to start thinking about next steps when it comes to your boat. The time and effort spent on the process of winterization will directly affect the boat’s performance, so protecting vessels properly is crucial. Come spring time, you will want a seamless transition back into the water!
This month’s boating tip article from National Marine Underwriters and International Marine Underwriters discusses the importance of prepping your watercraft for the winter months. The article also provides a useful checklist that outlines the priorities for winterizing a boat. Read the full article here, and visit nmu.com and imu.com for more tips and insights.
OneBeacon Accident & Health is proud to be a sponsor at this year’s Health Rosetta Chicago Wake-Up call Forum taking place on November 13 in Chicago. Julie Bobak, Amy Carlson and Christy Vago will join leading experts, local providers, employers and civic leaders to discuss the impact of the opioid epidemic on citizens, employers and communities. The Wake-Up Call Forum shines a spotlight on the largest public health care crisis in 100 years, and reveals what can be done today as we look upstream to avoid enabling more waves of addition. The team looks forward to being a part of this event and the discussions!
Our Entertainment, Financial Institutions, Healthcare and Management Liability teams have arrived in San Diego for the 2018 PLUS conference taking place from November 7-9. In addition to catching up with colleagues and the learning opportunities offered at the conference, we’re excited to host our producer partners on November 7at The Harbor House. We look forward to seeing you!
At the end of September, OneBeacon Government Risks’ Curtis Weible attended the IIASD Annual Convention in Deadwood, South Dakota where he promoted FirstFire Services, the insurance solution for fire and emergency responders. Alongside Curtis was our partner Trevor Lightfield at Fischer, Rounds and Associates. The trade show was a success, as we always look forward to collaborating with our producer partners at events like these!
Earlier this week, producers from the Denver area came to tee off with our OneBeacon “pros” at Topgolf for our third Open House of the year! Five of our businesses gathered together to discuss their products, services and expertise, while enjoying the venue’s driving range. Underwriting teams from Inland Marine, Environmental, Financial Services, Management Liability and Technology participated in the event. These events are also a great opportunity to connect with colleagues and make new contacts. 2019 planning is underway for these events, with Los Angeles being the next city for January’s Open House!
Enjoy the photos from this past event!
We are pleased to announce that International Marine Underwriters has expanded its product offering with information risk coverage to address a broad range of cyber incidents including data breach, threat of intrusion or interference with computer systems, damage to data and systems from cyber-attack and cyber-related litigation. Coverage is available as an endorsement to an existing IMU marine policy, including yacht club, marina and commercial marine package and certain hull and protection & indemnity policies.
Read the full announcement on imu.com.
We’re pleased to welcome Chris Giadrosich to OneBeacon Inland Marine. Chris joined the team in August 2018, as a Senior Underwriting Consultant. In his role, Chris will manage all components of development, growth and profitability for the Southeast Region, led by Jim Galluzzi. Based out of Birmingham, Alabama, Chris will assist with the management of all business activities supported by Robin Crawford and Gail Babston to provide solutions for agents and brokers located in Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Mississippi, North and South Carolina, Carolina and Virginia.
Chris brings 22 years of industry experience to OneBeacon, 13 of which have been focused on the Property & Inland Marine market. Prior to joining OneBeacon, Chris worked in various capacities for national institutions as an underwriting manager, wholesale broker and retail marketer.
Chris may be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org and 781.332.7880.
Denver partners! We appreciate your business and the relationship you have with us. We hope you’ll join us at our open house on Wednesday, October 3 from 3:30-6:30 pm at Topgolf located at 10601 East Easter Ave in Centennial.
Enjoy appetizers, cocktails, golf and the opportunity to connect with colleagues and make new contacts. Meet OneBeacon underwriting teams from:
- Financial Services
- Inland Marine
- Management Liability
Register today! We look forward to seeing you on the 3rd!
From conferences and trade shows, to conventions and career fairs, we’ve been busy here at OneBeacon! To catch you up, here’s where we are this week:
- OneBeacon Financial Services is at the IBA Annual Convention this week! From September 16-18, Tammy Placzek and Jaime Slinden are in Des Moines, so stop by booth #212 to find out about our specialty insurance solutions.
- OneBeacon Specialty Property and OneBeacon Environmental will be at the 2018 WSIA Annual Marketplace in Atlanta from September 23-26. The Annual Marketplace is widely recognized as the premier event for the surplus lines industry, and is attended by more than 4,000 professionals in the wholesale, specialty and surplus lines industry.
- OneBeacon Management Liability Claims’ Jessenia Vazcones-Yagual will be participating on a panel discussion at the Annual National Employment Practices Liability Insurance ExecuSummit in Uncasville, CT from September 25-26. Presenters will share their expertise to provide attendees with the essential EPL insurance underwriting and claims intelligence you need to know.
You can find members from our recruiting team at the following college career fairs:
- Alongside recruiting, members from our IT team will attend the James Madison University Science and Engineering Fair on September 19 in Virginia.
- Representatives from the corporate finance team will attend the University of St. Thomas Accounting Club Career Fair on September 20 in Minnesota.
- University of Minnesota will host the Carlson School of Management Career & Internship Fair on September 20, where representatives from our corporate finance team will be in attendance.
- Members from our actuarial team will attend the University of Minnesota Actuarial Career Fair on September 25.
- Radford University will host a career fair targeting all majors on September 26.
- Wentworth Institute of Technology in Massachusetts will host their CO-OP and Career Fair, with members from our IT team in attendance.
This past week, OneBeacon Healthcare Group was excited to be a hole sponsor at the “2018 Hartford Chapter Golf Tournament Benefiting the PLUS Foundation.” The PLUS Foundation is a separate nonprofit organization that serves the membership of the Professional Liability Underwriting Society (PLUS). The Foundation sponsors a variety of charitable programs that give individuals and companies the opportunity to make a difference. The golf tournament, which also provides some friendly competition and networking opportunities, is just one example of fundraising efforts. At the conclusion of the tournament, donations were made benefitting several local charities.
Check out a photo of the OneBeacon Healthcare Group foursome.
Pictured left to right: Mark Schmiege, AmWINS Brokerage of New England; Daniel Burns, OneBeacon Healthcare Goup Managed Care Underwriter; Kevin Albano, AmWINS Brokerage of New England; and Janet Marshall-Tate, Willis NA FINEX