Denver partners! We appreciate your business and the relationship you have with us. We hope you’ll join us at our open house on Wednesday, October 3 from 3:30-6:30 pm at Topgolf located at 10601 East Easter Ave in Centennial.
Enjoy appetizers, cocktails, golf and the opportunity to connect with colleagues and make new contacts. Meet OneBeacon underwriting teams from:
- Financial Services
- Inland Marine
- Management Liability
Register today! We look forward to seeing you on the 3rd!
From conferences and trade shows, to conventions and career fairs, we’ve been busy here at OneBeacon! To catch you up, here’s where we are this week:
- OneBeacon Financial Services is at the IBA Annual Convention this week! From September 16-18, Tammy Placzek and Jaime Slinden are in Des Moines, so stop by booth #212 to find out about our specialty insurance solutions.
- OneBeacon Specialty Property and OneBeacon Environmental will be at the 2018 WSIA Annual Marketplace in Atlanta from September 23-26. The Annual Marketplace is widely recognized as the premier event for the surplus lines industry, and is attended by more than 4,000 professionals in the wholesale, specialty and surplus lines industry.
- OneBeacon Management Liability Claims’ Jessenia Vazcones-Yagual will be participating on a panel discussion at the Annual National Employment Practices Liability Insurance ExecuSummit in Uncasville, CT from September 25-26. Presenters will share their expertise to provide attendees with the essential EPL insurance underwriting and claims intelligence you need to know.
You can find members from our recruiting team at the following college career fairs:
- Alongside recruiting, members from our IT team will attend the James Madison University Science and Engineering Fair on September 19 in Virginia.
- Representatives from the corporate finance team will attend the University of St. Thomas Accounting Club Career Fair on September 20 in Minnesota.
- University of Minnesota will host the Carlson School of Management Career & Internship Fair on September 20, where representatives from our corporate finance team will be in attendance.
- Members from our actuarial team will attend the University of Minnesota Actuarial Career Fair on September 25.
- Radford University will host a career fair targeting all majors on September 26.
- Wentworth Institute of Technology in Massachusetts will host their CO-OP and Career Fair, with members from our IT team in attendance.
This past week, OneBeacon Healthcare Group was excited to be a hole sponsor at the “2018 Hartford Chapter Golf Tournament Benefiting the PLUS Foundation.” The PLUS Foundation is a separate nonprofit organization that serves the membership of the Professional Liability Underwriting Society (PLUS). The Foundation sponsors a variety of charitable programs that give individuals and companies the opportunity to make a difference. The golf tournament, which also provides some friendly competition and networking opportunities, is just one example of fundraising efforts. At the conclusion of the tournament, donations were made benefitting several local charities.
Check out a photo of the OneBeacon Healthcare Group foursome.
Pictured left to right: Mark Schmiege, AmWINS Brokerage of New England; Daniel Burns, OneBeacon Healthcare Goup Managed Care Underwriter; Kevin Albano, AmWINS Brokerage of New England; and Janet Marshall-Tate, Willis NA FINEX
Accident & Health is proud to be a sponsor for this year’s Q4Live Conference taking place next week in San Diego. Additionally, Julie Bobak, Amy Carlson, Christy Vago are looking forward to collaborating on their educational session titled, “Stop Loss Building Blocks for the New Normal.” The focus of this presentation will be how to transition from the status quo medical stop loss approach to valuable consultative methodology. Key strategic concepts for consultants to consider include transparency, commissions, policy features, managing large dollar claimants, disclosure and more!
Last month, the United States Coast Guard released their 2017 Recreational Boating Statistics Report. According to the report, last year saw a decrease in recreational boating accidents from 2016. The Coast Guard reported over 4,000 accidents that involved 658 deaths, 2,629 injuries and approximately $46 million dollars of damage to property.
This month’s boating tip article from National Marine Underwriters and International Marine Underwriters provides the report released by the USCG. Read the full article here, and visit nmu.com and imu.com for more tips and insights.
Members from our Online/OnDemand team had the opportunity to attend the Homeland Security National Cybersecurity Summit in New York City last week. The event presented public-private partnerships by convening CEOs and senior executives with U.S. cabinet secretaries and senior government officials, along with hundreds of senior risk and security officers across a wide range of sectors. It provided an action-oriented forum to identify joint cybersecurity efforts across government and industry.
The summit included a series of roundtable and panel discussions, led by private executives, government leaders and domain experts. Vice President Mike Pence and Secretary of Homeland Security, Kirstjen M. Nielson delivered keynote speaker remarks.
Our Management Liability team is excited to announce that new primary policy forms are now available, providing up-to-date coverages including new offerings for employed lawyers professional liability and cyber liability for a broad range of organizations. The modular policy approach is designed to help minimize gaps in coverage while providing the flexibility to design a comprehensive program tailed or meet clients’ organizational needs.
Three distinct modular policies designed for the unique needs of each segment:
We offer modular policies that include coverage options for:
- Directors, officers and organization liability (D&O)
- Employment practices liability (EPL)
- Fiduciary liability (FLI)
- Crime coverage (Crime)
- Employed lawyers professional liability (ELPL) – new offering
- Information Risk and Recovery™ (IRR or cyber liability) – new offering
Key features and highlights include:
- Convenient single application for all coverages
- Coverages can be packaged together or sold separately
- Options for separate limits or shared limits for the liability coverage sections
- Type of claim defense – duty to defend or reimbursement – is selectable on the declarations page
- Innovative and broad coverage enhancements
- EPL Risk management program offered in partnership with Jackson Lewis
Visit onebeaconml.com for applications and policy forms for these new products.
OneBeacon Entertainment is pleased to announce its newly redesigned website www.onebeaconentertainment.com.
We’ve given the site a fresh, new look while maintaining easy access to information about products and services, downloadable forms and applications and updates on company news and events.
Additionally, get a free, online quote for our Tenant Users Liability Insurance Policy (TULIP). Coverage is available for a large variety of events from weddings and seminars to sporting events and concerts.
Check out the site and see what you think!
We are excited to announce the winners of this year’s annual college scholarship program! For the 15th consecutive year, OneBeacon has awarded $2,000 scholarships to 16 high-school seniors. Eight of these awards were given to our producers’ children, while the other eight were given to the children of OneBeacon employees.
The winning recipients were selected based on criteria including their academic performance, leadership roles and participation in school, as well as community activities. The program is administered by Scholarship Management Services®, a nonprofit scholarship program administrator, and funded by our Charitable Trust.
View the list of winners in our news release>>
OneBeacon Accident & Health’s Christy Vago and Lynn Faria are in Minneapolis this week for the Health Care Administrators Association (HCAA) TPA Summit. Attended by hundreds of leaders in the self-funded and benefits industries, this annual event focuses on the benefit and process needs of these unique groups. Over the course of two and a half days, educational break-out sessions focusing on leadership, sales and marketing, operations and more are offered. Attendees also have the opportunity to hear from a number of industry experts. Christy and Lynn look forward to attending this summit, connecting with colleagues and hearing more about this continuously evolving market.