For the 16th consecutive year, we will be awarding 16 college scholarships for the upcoming academic year to high-school seniors funded through the OneBeacon Charitable Trust. Eight of these $2,000 awards will be available to the children of the brokers, agencies and wholesalers doing business with OneBeacon. The remaining eight awards will be available to children of OneBeacon employees.
Applying is easy—simply complete the online application by April 16. If you have any questions, please contact our scholarship program administrator, Scholarship Management Services at 507.931.1682.
Scholarship recipients will be announced in early June, and the awards will apply toward the 2019-2020 academic year. Best of luck to the Class of 2019!
It’s February! And that means Insurance Careers Month has officially begun. This initiative aims to collaborate with the industry’s community to raise awareness and inspire young professionals to choose insurance as a career. All month long, we’ll be sharing our experiences working in the insurance industry, and how it’s a stable, rewarding and limitless career. We’ll be posting Insurance Careers content to our social media, so be sure to follow us!
Connect with us on LinkedIn and follow our OneBeacon Twitter accounts: @OneBeaconIns and @OneBeaconJobs (careers page). To learn more about this movement, visit their website and find out how you can get involved!
Nelson Kefauver has joined OneBeacon Insurance Group as President of our Management Liability business unit, reporting to Executive Vice President Paul Brehm. In his new role, Kefauver will lead a specialty underwriting team focused on providing management liability solutions targeting a broad range of not‐for‐profit organizations and private for‐profit companies throughout the U.S.
Read the full news release on onebeacon.com.
Earlier this week, producers from the Denver area came to tee off with our OneBeacon “pros” at Topgolf for our third Open House of the year! Five of our businesses gathered together to discuss their products, services and expertise, while enjoying the venue’s driving range. Underwriting teams from Inland Marine, Environmental, Financial Services, Management Liability and Technology participated in the event. These events are also a great opportunity to connect with colleagues and make new contacts. 2019 planning is underway for these events, with Los Angeles being the next city for January’s Open House!
Enjoy the photos from this past event!
We are pleased to announce that International Marine Underwriters has expanded its product offering with information risk coverage to address a broad range of cyber incidents including data breach, threat of intrusion or interference with computer systems, damage to data and systems from cyber-attack and cyber-related litigation. Coverage is available as an endorsement to an existing IMU marine policy, including yacht club, marina and commercial marine package and certain hull and protection & indemnity policies.
Read the full announcement on imu.com.
We’re pleased to welcome Chris Giadrosich to OneBeacon Inland Marine. Chris joined the team in August 2018, as a Senior Underwriting Consultant. In his role, Chris will manage all components of development, growth and profitability for the Southeast Region, led by Jim Galluzzi. Based out of Birmingham, Alabama, Chris will assist with the management of all business activities supported by Robin Crawford and Gail Babston to provide solutions for agents and brokers located in Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Mississippi, North and South Carolina, Carolina and Virginia.
Chris brings 22 years of industry experience to OneBeacon, 13 of which have been focused on the Property & Inland Marine market. Prior to joining OneBeacon, Chris worked in various capacities for national institutions as an underwriting manager, wholesale broker and retail marketer.
Chris may be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org and 781.332.7880.
Denver partners! We appreciate your business and the relationship you have with us. We hope you’ll join us at our open house on Wednesday, October 3 from 3:30-6:30 pm at Topgolf located at 10601 East Easter Ave in Centennial.
Enjoy appetizers, cocktails, golf and the opportunity to connect with colleagues and make new contacts. Meet OneBeacon underwriting teams from:
- Financial Services
- Inland Marine
- Management Liability
Register today! We look forward to seeing you on the 3rd!
From conferences and trade shows, to conventions and career fairs, we’ve been busy here at OneBeacon! To catch you up, here’s where we are this week:
- OneBeacon Financial Services is at the IBA Annual Convention this week! From September 16-18, Tammy Placzek and Jaime Slinden are in Des Moines, so stop by booth #212 to find out about our specialty insurance solutions.
- OneBeacon Specialty Property and OneBeacon Environmental will be at the 2018 WSIA Annual Marketplace in Atlanta from September 23-26. The Annual Marketplace is widely recognized as the premier event for the surplus lines industry, and is attended by more than 4,000 professionals in the wholesale, specialty and surplus lines industry.
- OneBeacon Management Liability Claims’ Jessenia Vazcones-Yagual will be participating on a panel discussion at the Annual National Employment Practices Liability Insurance ExecuSummit in Uncasville, CT from September 25-26. Presenters will share their expertise to provide attendees with the essential EPL insurance underwriting and claims intelligence you need to know.
You can find members from our recruiting team at the following college career fairs:
- Alongside recruiting, members from our IT team will attend the James Madison University Science and Engineering Fair on September 19 in Virginia.
- Representatives from the corporate finance team will attend the University of St. Thomas Accounting Club Career Fair on September 20 in Minnesota.
- University of Minnesota will host the Carlson School of Management Career & Internship Fair on September 20, where representatives from our corporate finance team will be in attendance.
- Members from our actuarial team will attend the University of Minnesota Actuarial Career Fair on September 25.
- Radford University will host a career fair targeting all majors on September 26.
- Wentworth Institute of Technology in Massachusetts will host their CO-OP and Career Fair, with members from our IT team in attendance.
OneBeacon Entertainment is pleased to announce its newly redesigned website www.onebeaconentertainment.com.
We’ve given the site a fresh, new look while maintaining easy access to information about products and services, downloadable forms and applications and updates on company news and events.
Additionally, get a free, online quote for our Tenant Users Liability Insurance Policy (TULIP). Coverage is available for a large variety of events from weddings and seminars to sporting events and concerts.
Check out the site and see what you think!
Independence Day, or the Fourth of July is an opportunity to celebrate with family, friends and the community. Preferably, outside grilling, swimming, watching fireworks and other popular activities traditional to the holiday. But in order to have that fun-filled day, it’s important to stay safe. Accident-free holidays are the best holidays!
If you’re planning to make a splash at a private or public pool or the beach this holiday, review these tips from the American Red Cross on water safety. Primarily, they encourage swimmers to be water competent—know that the ocean, lakes and rivers are much different environments from pools. If you aren’t a strong swimmer, these tips may be helpful for preparing. They’re also a great resource for parents with children.
If you are hosting or partaking in a classic Fourth of July barbeque, it’s important to make sure the food you’re serving or bringing is well prepared and ready to eat. FoodSafety.gov provides helpful information to make sure any meats are cooked safely, and how to wash vegetables appropriately.
To end the day, fireworks displays are a must for many people. While fireworks are a fun and thrilling activity, they are dangerous if the proper precautions aren’t taken. USA.gov provides helpful safety information. Importantly, remember to make sure fireworks are legal in your community before buying or using them. Even if your state allows fireworks, that doesn’t mean that your county, town, or city permit their use.
We hope you have a safe and fun Fourth of July!