We’re excited to welcome Ray Tiburzi to OneBeacon as our new Senior Vice President of Professional Liability Claims. In this role, he is overseeing all claims matters for OneBeacon’s professional liability groups – Financial Services, Management Liability, Architects & Engineers and Financial Institutions. Ray reports to OneBeacon’s Chief Claims Officer Sean Duffy and is based in New York City. He joins us from Starr Companies, where he was an AVP, Financial and Professional Liability Claims. Previously, he spent 20+ years at AIG in underwriting and claims roles within their Financial Institutions Group. Welcome Ray!
Learn why OneBeacon is a special place to work.
Our Financial Services team will attend the American Bankers Association’s (ABA) Insurance Risk Management Forum in Naples, Fla. from January 24-27. The conference will focus on innovative risk management solutions and strategies for the financial industry.
If you’re attending the event, we invite you to visit with OneBeacon Financial Services’ President Craig Collins and Vice President Gary Tannenbaum. We hope to see you there!
We are pleased to announce a new Federally Qualified Community Health Clinics and Providers policy, which provides additional protection for potential gaps in the coverage afforded to community health centers and providers under the Federal Tort Claims Act (FTCA).
Product features include:
- Claims made or occurrence professional liability coverage;
- A broad definition of covered contracts and of professional services including activities while acting as a Navigator, Certified Application Counselor or In-Person Assister in the health insurance marketplace
- Privacy breach event coverage
- An enhanced coverage structure for certain employed medical practitioners
The product is exclusively available through its managing general underwriter Sobel Affiliates, a Brown & Brown company. Agents and brokers interested in additional information regarding the product should contact Alan Labadorf at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additionally, you may contact Brenda Craig – OneBeacon Healthcare Group at 781.332.7545.
In support of our recent affiliation as the Technology Councils of North America’s (TECNA) exclusive insurance partner, we have launched a dedicated cobranded website for TECNA members. We invite you to take a look and get to know both TECNA and OneBeacon Technology Insurance!
We are pleased to share the results of our 2015 holiday donation poll! Based on your votes, the OneBeacon Charitable Trust is allocating $30,000 among three national nonprofits as follows:
Over the holidays, the OneBeacon Charitable Trust also contributed donations totaling $50,000 to nonprofits across the country, specifically in local communities where OneBeacon has a presence. Below is a list of the 25 nonprofits we were pleased to support, with the sponsoring office noted in parentheses. Local employees from these offices helped identify worthy organizations where they may volunteer or offer support, or that is simply recognized for helping a meaningful cause.
- American Cancer Society (New York City, NY)
- American Legion Post #225 (Canton, MA)
- Annapolis Area Ministries Inc. (Annapolis, MD)
- Boys Hope Girls Hope of Illinois (Chicago, IL)
- Cavalry Children’s Home (Alpharetta & Atlanta, GA)
- Children’s Hospital of Los Angeles (Los Angeles & Anaheim, CA)
- Clarity Child Guidance Center (San Antonio, TX)
- Coats of Kindness (Plymouth, MN)
- Dorothy Day Center (Plymouth, MN)
- Ellie Fund (Canton, MA)
- Food Bank of the Rockies (Denver, CO)
- Food Share (Farmington, CT)
- Granara-Skerry Trust (Canton, MA)
- Harvesters (Overland Park, KS)
- Holy Trinity Parish Food (New York City, NY)
- Interfaith Food Pantry (Morristown, NJ)
- National MS of Greater New England (Canton, MA)
- Pathways for Children, Inc. (Quincy, MA)
- San Francisco Food Bank (San Francisco, CA)
- Seattle Children’s Hospital (Seattle, WA)
- Jude’s Children’s Research Hospital (Canton, MA)
- Southwest Virginia Second Harvest Food Bank (Salem, VA)
- The Home for Little Wanderers (Boston, MA)
- Toys for Tots (Plymouth, MN)
- Wounded Warrior Project (Blue Bell, PA & New York City, NY)
The severe weather system that moved through Illinois December 29, 2015 prompted Illinois Governor Bruce Rauner to declare 23 counties state disaster areas. This includes: Alexander, Calhoun, Cass, Christian, Clinton, Cumberland, Douglas, Iroquois, Jackson, Jersey, Lawrence, Madison, Marion, Menard, Monroe, Morgan, Moultrie, Pike, Randolph, Richland, Sangamon, St. Clair and Vermilion. In light of Governor Rauner’s declaration, the Illinois Department of Insurance (DOI) issued Company Bulletin 2015-13 to provide certain safeguards to consumers impacted by the severe weather. OneBeacon policyholders impacted by these storms should contact their insurance agent or broker. Policyholders can reach OneBeacon by email, fax or telephone:
OneBeacon policyholders may contact the Illinois Department of Insurance to file a complaint regarding any disaster-related dispute or issue at 1.866.445.5364 or online at https://mc.insurance.illinois.gov/messagecenter.nsf.