Denver partners! We appreciate your business and the relationship you have with us. We hope you’ll join us at our open house on Wednesday, October 3 from 3:30-6:30 pm at Topgolf located at 10601 East Easter Ave in Centennial.
Enjoy appetizers, cocktails, golf and the opportunity to connect with colleagues and make new contacts. Meet OneBeacon underwriting teams from:
- Financial Services
- Inland Marine
- Management Liability
Register today! We look forward to seeing you on the 3rd!
From conferences and trade shows, to conventions and career fairs, we’ve been busy here at OneBeacon! To catch you up, here’s where we are this week:
- OneBeacon Financial Services is at the IBA Annual Convention this week! From September 16-18, Tammy Placzek and Jaime Slinden are in Des Moines, so stop by booth #212 to find out about our specialty insurance solutions.
- OneBeacon Specialty Property and OneBeacon Environmental will be at the 2018 WSIA Annual Marketplace in Atlanta from September 23-26. The Annual Marketplace is widely recognized as the premier event for the surplus lines industry, and is attended by more than 4,000 professionals in the wholesale, specialty and surplus lines industry.
- OneBeacon Management Liability Claims’ Jessenia Vazcones-Yagual will be participating on a panel discussion at the Annual National Employment Practices Liability Insurance ExecuSummit in Uncasville, CT from September 25-26. Presenters will share their expertise to provide attendees with the essential EPL insurance underwriting and claims intelligence you need to know.
You can find members from our recruiting team at the following college career fairs:
- Alongside recruiting, members from our IT team will attend the James Madison University Science and Engineering Fair on September 19 in Virginia.
- Representatives from the corporate finance team will attend the University of St. Thomas Accounting Club Career Fair on September 20 in Minnesota.
- University of Minnesota will host the Carlson School of Management Career & Internship Fair on September 20, where representatives from our corporate finance team will be in attendance.
- Members from our actuarial team will attend the University of Minnesota Actuarial Career Fair on September 25.
- Radford University will host a career fair targeting all majors on September 26.
- Wentworth Institute of Technology in Massachusetts will host their CO-OP and Career Fair, with members from our IT team in attendance.
The completion of our acquisition by Intact Financial Corporation was announced this morning. We’re excited to officially be part of the Intact Financial Corporation family and to create a leading North American specialty insurer.
Read the full news release here>>
As a part of their “Future of Insurance” series, Carrier Management recently interviewed OneBeacon’s Jeff Richardson, Senior Vice President of Specialty Lines, for an article about the opportunities for specialty carriers to utilize advancements in analytics and big data. Find out what Jeff had to say about the future of the insurance industry by reading the full article published on Carrier Management.
A.W.G. Dewar’s Chairman, Dana Tufts, recently received an award from the National Business Officers Association for Outstanding Support of Independent Schools. This award is given to individuals who have generously supported independent schools and their business officers. Dana quickly noted that the recognition was truly a team effort and that he accepted on behalf of the entire Dewar team. By receiving this award, it shows that the Dewar team has done an exceptional job developing strong relationships with their clients in the independent school industry.
Dana and his team are proud to accept this award, as Dewar has been a supporter of NBOA since its inception. Congratulations!
Click here for full article on Dewar’s achievement.
Atlanta partners! We are hosting a OneBeacon Product Fair on May 9, at Maggiano’s Little Italy Restaurant at the Perimeter Mall.
Join us for appetizers, drinks and networking to learn more about our products and services and to meet OneBeacon underwriting teams from:
- International Marine Underwriters
- Financial Services
- Government Risks
- Management Liability
- Specialty Property
We look forward to seeing you there. Register today!
We wish you all the best during the holiday season. And during this time of giving, we invite you help us allocate our annual holiday donation among three very worthy nonprofits. This gift is funded through the OneBeacon Charitable Trust. Just view our holiday card to access our giving poll.
What makes our work environment enjoyable? According to OneBeacon Senior Operations Manager Vanessa Divita, it’s the people. Hear Vanessa share how her colleagues inspire a culture of success in our latest “Why OneBeacon” clip.
Have you spotted any drones flying around your community yet? As the commercial use of drones increases, so do the risks and implications for public entities.
Learn more about how communities are using drones, the latest FAA regulations and the insurance implications your clients need to know about in this recent Independent Agent article,” What You Need to Know if Your Public Entities Clients Use Drones,” authored by OneBeacon Government Risks’ Bradley York.
Read Full Article>>
March is Women’s History Month, a time to celebrate women’s contributions to society as well as to our industry. From underwriters to senior executives, a wide range of occupations within the insurance industry are held by women. According to the Insurance Information Institute, women accounted for nearly 60% of our industry’s workforce last year. We caught up with a few OneBeacon women who shared their experience working in insurance.
OneBeacon Accident Group President Lori Cernera says the industry has given her ample room to use her skills and foster collaborative teams. “I don’t identify as a woman in the insurance industry,” says Lori, “but rather as an insurance professional who has had the opportunity to stimulate career growth for my teammates and colleagues. It’s been a blast!”
Actuarial’s Holly High, a Predictive Modeling Specialist, says she is thankful to be a part of an industry that offers fantastic opportunities for women. “The industry has allowed me to utilize my skills and background to grow both personally and professionally,” added Holly.
Brenda Craig, who oversees OneBeacon Healthcare’s Medical Facilities & Senior Living Organization divisions, says her favorite part about working in insurance is introducing young people to the industry and watching them enjoy rewarding careers.
Though Women’s History Month is coming to a close, we are grateful year-round for women’s contributions – and commitment – to our industry!
Know a woman in insurance who’s inspired your career? Add your comments here.